Our Adoption Process
- Applications are available online and also at PETCO in Whitehall.
- Applications should be filled out completely and emailed back [email protected] Applications can also be dropped off in person at our adoption day on Saturday from 10-1 at PETCO in Whitehall.
- Adopters can apply for a specific animal with an application or fill out an application in advance and then work with the foster homes to find a suitable match.
- Once applications are approved (5-7 days) and a suitable home has been agreed upon between the adopter and the foster home, all cats/kittens must be transported in a carrier.
- Adoption cost for cats is $125 (starting January 2021), which includes all medical procedures already completed at the time of adoption and the spay/neuter procedure. All additional vaccinations, e-collar, microchipping, etc. will be at the cost of the adopter. All spay/neuters included in the fee will be done by our veterinarian in Tamaqua, PA. Any changes to the adoption fee of $125 are approved by SOAR’s director only.