Please help stop the overpopulation of stray and feral cats!
Trap Neuter and Release Goals:
- Reduce the population of FREE ROAMING (FERAL) Cats through SPAY/NEUTER to prevent the reproduction of unadoptable/unwanted kittens
- Reduce the number of stray cats dropped off at animal shelters
- Educate the public about Trap Neuter Release (TNR) and create a network of volunteers to facilitate the program
Spay Neuter Information:
- Spay/Neuter clinics are held several times each month but appointments are necessary
- All cats and dogs must be healthy and over the age of 3 months and weigh at least 3 lbs. Surgery is performed at the discretion of the veterinarian.
- For Appointments call 570-386-9241 or email: email@example.com
- Virtually 100% of feral cats taken to kill shelters are euthanized.
- The domestic cat population is estimated to be 82 million cats. The feral or free roaming cats may be as high.
- While 82% of domestic cats are spayed or neutered – only 3% of feral cats are sterilized
- Most of the 4.5 million cats and kittens euthanized in the U.S. each year are offspring form free roaming cats.
- Stray/Feral Spay/Neuter: $40.00
- House cats Spay/Neuter: $75.00
- Dogs: call for pricing as the price usually varies by body weight
- E collar is an additional fee. Cats price is $5.00 and Dogs price $10.00
- Brief exam
- Sedation and pain medicine
- General anesthesia
- Spay/Neuter by licensed veterinarian
- Tattoo on Abdomen
- Ear tipping for feral/stray cats